Thursday, December 1, 2011

Want to Help Give Good Shepherd a REAL Christmas Present?


Our electronic organ is twenty years old and badly needs to be replaced.

We have found the right new organ. Its an Allen Q350 50 Stop Three


Manual Console electric. 

Cost installed at Good Shepherd: $70,000.

 Judy Burnette, Jerry Vail, Nancy Harless, Jim Rogers and I traveled to Atlanta recently so that we could listen and Jim could test and play the Q350.   Jim can describe the technical aspects.  For now its enough to say that Judy, Jerry, Nancy and I agreed its a great instrument with a wonderful sound. Jim tells us that it will sound 50% better installed and tuned.  During the year ahead we will be taking a number of other important steps to renew the parish for the next fifty years. There is no doubt that we will have to find prudent and timely ways to address the real life challenges of an aging building and a parking lot that needs resurfacing.  Nevertheless, I know of no other single project more important to the future of Good Shepherd than the purchase and installation of a high quality instrument to help lead us in worship.  I was so impressed by the instrument-- and the importance of proceeding as quickly as possible while the price is still in effect--that I told the group I would contribute $10,000 to the purchase price, in addition to my annual pledge of $10,000 for 2012. I am taking the money out of my personal savings and will pay it to Good Shepherd later this month. I had not planned to make such a contribution but I am doing so because I know this is an important investment in our future as a community of worship and faith.

 I hope others will join me. In fact several others have already done so.   We now have $34,250 in pledged support. That leaves $35,750 to go.  If we can raise the money before   Christmas, it would be a wonderful Christmas present to the entire parish. And we could have a wonderful new organ in time for Easter. 

 We have glimpsed the promised land.  

With thanksgiving for your presence at Good Shepherd and for your support of the work of God in this special place.  

Charles  

If you would like to know more about the Q350, here is the link:  

http://www.allenorgan.com/www/products/q350/q350.html



 

No comments:

Post a Comment